The court normally schedules one to two days per month during its regular term to hear oral arguments on cases pending before the court. Most oral arguments are held in the Supreme Court courtroom at the Arizona State Courts Building. Arguments are also held once each year at the the law schools of Arizona State University and the University of Arizona. In addition, once or twice each year, arguments are scheduled outside the Phoenix metropolitan area. The attorneys receive written notice from the Supreme Court Clerk's Office 20 to 30 days prior to the scheduled date of the argument. Oral arguments are open to the public, but use of cameras and other photographic equipment is restricted and advance arrangements must be made through the Communications Director (602-452-3656). Rule 122.1 allows limited use of electronic devices in the courtroom, for example, to text or tweet. The Justices retain the right to limit electronic devices based on this rule. As cases are scheduled for oral argument, they will be posted to this page.
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2016 - UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA
1. CV-16-0029-PR DOBSON BAY CLUB et al v LA SONRISA DE SIENA LLC - 2:00 PM
2. CR-16-0156-PR STATE OF ARIZONA v VALENCIA/HEALER - 2:55 PM
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2016
1. CV-16-0027-PR US AIRWAYS INC v QWEST CORPORATION et al - 9:40 AM
2. CR-16-0227-PR SIMPSON/MARTINEZ v HONS. MILLER/STEINLE/STATE OF ARIZONA - 10:25 AM
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2016 - MORENCI HIGH SCHOOL, MORENCI, AZ
1. CV-16-0133-PR AMERICAN POWER PRODUCTS INC et al v CSK AUTO INC - 10:00 AM
2. CR-12-0359-AP STATE OF ARIZONA v SHAWN PATRICK LYNCH - 10:55 AM
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2016
1. CV-16-0087-PR MARY WADE/MARLA PADDOCK v ASRS/ASRS BOARD - 2:00 PM
2. CR-15-0049-AP STATE OF ARIZONA v ABEL DANIEL HIDALGO - 2:45 PM
Audio copies of oral arguments are available upon request. Please contact the Clerk’s Office at (602) 452-3396.
You may view oral arguments at http://azcourts.gov/AZSupremeCourt/LiveArchivedVideo.aspx