Visioning and strategic planning are part of the identified core competencies of court managers. This course explains how they fit with the others and prepare participants to use this competency effectively.
- Appropriately describe the contribution made by visioning and strategic planning to court management.
- Provide an opportunity for participants to practice useful planning techniques.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the value of strategic management in today’s court organization.
- Design a planning process that ensures everyone a line of sight to the strategic agenda.
- Develop a process for aligning individual performance goals with the strategic plan.
- Understand the leadership requirements for effective strategy implementation.
Activities and Exercises
Participants will learn to use some important planning tools and have the opportunity through activities and exercises associated with each unit to apply key planning building blocks to their own jurisdictions.