The purposes of this course are to:
- Teach participants foundational financial and accounting information
- Build on the foundational knowledge by providing guidance to plan, prepare, review, present, and monitor a budget.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Discuss the building blocks of GAAP, GASB, assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses
- Explain the basics of financial reporting
- Discuss the perspective of the funding authority
- Identify the relationship between strategic planning and budgeting
- Plan, prepare, review, present, and monitor a budget
- Discuss how to compete for budget resources.