PROVIDING ACCESS TO SWIFT, FAIR JUSTICE
Citizens, victims, litigants, and defendants deserve access to a fair and swift process for resolving civil or criminal disputes. The court system must help ensure that resources are adequate and that court procedures, policies and practices are consistent with this goal.
- Strive to process 90% of criminal cases within 100 days of filing by reengineering criminal case processing and by increasing resources for courts, prosecutors and public defenders (Fill the Gap).
- Eliminate barriers to accessing the court by reducing costs and providing information and assistance to people who come to court. (CourtHelp)
- Provide adequate and save court facilities for citizens and employees.
- Develop integrated justice information systems.
- Examine how the practice of law (e.g. rules of practice and procedure, discovery practices, etc.) increase the cost to accessing justice.
- Recruit, train and retain a quality workforce.
Fill The Gap Fact Sheet
Fill the Gap Annual Reports