The Committee on the Impact of Domestic Violence and the Courts (CIDVC) was established by Administrative Order 94-14 and codified in ACJA § 1-110. As a standing committee of the Arizona Judicial Council, CIDVC assists the Council with development and implementation of policies that:
- acknowledge the severity of the problem of domestic violence in Arizona,
- increase awareness of victim resources,
- provide sanctions for criminal conduct,
- enhance follow-through by law enforcement to enforce orders of protection,
- assess state and local proceedings and services and make recommendations for system changes that will promote enhanced safety for victims and the professionals who interact with them and encourage offender accountability.
For additional information, contact Committee Staff