Welcome to the Defensive Driving Schools
Information Entry Point
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE PROCEEDING
Eligibility Requirements for Taking a Defensive Driving Course:
- You have not attended a Defensive Driving course for an
eligible traffic citation issued within the
past 12 months.
Your eligibility to attend a Defensive Driving Course is based on the
date of your current violation not on the date you last attended a Defensive
- Your violation must be on the list of eligible violations.
here to view the list
- If eligible, you can attend to have only one
- If you were involved in a serious injury accident or
fatal accident, you are not eligible.
- If you hold a commercial driver's license you are
not eligible for the Defensive Driving Diversion program, regardless
of whether or not you were driving commercially at the time of the violation.
In addition, those driving a commercial vehicle requiring a commercial driver's
license are also
not eligible. The only exceptions to
this rule are: 1.) if the violation occurred before the driver held CDL status
or 2.) if the violation occurred after the driver surrendered his or her CDL
status. For further information, view
- You must complete your course no later than 7 days
prior to your court date.
- You may take the class in person or online. If you were specifically ordered
by a judge to attend the course in person, you must register for a class room
Do You Need An Extension?
AFTER READING THE ABOVE INFORMATION, IF YOU MET
THE REQUIREMENTS TO ATTEND DEFENSIVE DRIVING SCHOOL, PLEASE CONTINUE READING