|Check your eligibility
Are you able to take traffic school? To determine if you are eligible to participate in an Arizona Defensive Driving course, first select a school and submit your information. The school will conduct a court database check once you register to make sure you are eligible.
Requirements for Taking a Defensive Driving Course
|Please read the following information carefully and if you meet all of the requirements to attend Defensive Driving School, please proceed to search for a defensive driving class.
You have not attended a Defensive Driving course for an eligible traffic citation issued within the past 12 months. Your eligibility to attend a Defensive Driving Course is based on the date of your current violation not on the date you last attended a Defensive Driving Course.
- Your violation must be on the list of eligible violations.
- If eligible, you can attend to have only one violation dismissed.
- If you were involved in a serious injury accident or fatal accident, you are not eligible.
- If you hold a commercial driver license you may be eligible for the defensive driving program. Effective September 1, 2019, commercial driver license holders may complete a defensive driving course under the following conditions:
o The individual was driving a vehicle requiring a Class D or a Class M license.
o The vehicle was not being used for commercial purposes.
o Meets the other defensive driving eligibility requirement for non-commercial driver license holders.
After successful completion of an Arizona-certified defensive driving program, the court is required to forward the record of judgement to Arizona Motor Vehicle Division, however no points are assessed to the driver’s record.
- You must complete your course no later than 7 days prior to your court date.
- You may take the class in person or online. If you were specifically ordered by a judge to attend the course in person, you must register for a classroom course.
Find a Defensive Driving Class
Date must be listed with slashes i.e. mm/dd/yyyy, or you will receive an error message.