Home > Self-Service Center > Probate

Non-Licensed Fiduciaries Training
Mandatory training requirements for non-licensed fiduciaries.

Someone who serves as either a guardian, personal representative or conservator is called a "non-licensed fiduciary."

Before the court can issue letters allowing you to serve as a guardian, conservator, or personal representative, you must complete training required by the Supreme Court. The required training includes a general overview that all guardians, conservators, and personal representatives must complete. In addition, there are individual training sections for each separate appointment.

What is a non-licensed fiduciary?


Do you want to serve as a guardian for an adult (or protected person) or child (or ward)?

A guardian makes medical and personal decisions for a ward like a parent for an unemancipated minor.

Personal Representative

Did someone pass away recently?

Do you want to serve as a personal representative to handle the assets of the deceased individual?


Do you want to serve as a conservator to manage the assets of a ward or protected person?

If you become the conservator, you must file with the court an annual account of the protected person's finances.
These programs are available below and in alternate formats through the Superior Court in each county. Although fiduciaries may encounter other issues which will require additional training, this curriculum provides a basic foundation to adequately prepare fiduciaries to address these issues.
Training Videos
Training Module Module No.
Overview - Serving as a Non-Licensed Fiduciary
Guardianship Training Module
Personal Representatives Training Module
Conservatorship Training Module
Conservator Account Forms