Home > Criminal Law  > Sealing Criminal Case Records

Other Convictions
Please read A.R.S. § 13-911 in its entirety. These Info Sheets are intended to help those who are seeking to file a petition or have had a ruling on a petition to seal a criminal case record under A.R.S. § 13-911. Nothing in these Info Sheets supersedes what is provided in statute and does not restrict local rules and practice of a particular court in processing petitions.

If you have been convicted of two or more offenses, you may petition the court to seal your records:

  1. after you complete the conditions of the probation or sentence
  2. you are discharged by the court
  3. the required period of time for each conviction has passed.

If you have multiple charges on a single case, you must complete all the conditions of the sentence regardless of which charge the element of the sentence arises from. No single charge may be sealed separate from the others until you complete the sentence imposed on all charges from a single case.

If you commit an offense in another jurisdiction that is not considered an offense in Arizona, you are still eligible to have your records sealed.

An offense committed in another jurisdiction has the classification that the offense would have if committed in Arizona. The judge will determine the classification of the offense when reviewing your petition.

Even if the court grants your petition and seals a record from another jurisdiction, the Department of Public Safety, Central State Repository, cannot modify criminal records even though they are sealed from public access and other states and federal agencies may not acknowledge Arizona orders.