The Family Court Improvement Committee was established by A.O. 2019-115 as a standing committee of the Arizona Judicial Council (AJC). Among the charges of the committee are:
- Make recommendations that would improve and enhance family law statutes, rules, and court processes and procedures.
- Develop and coordinate policies and strategies that would improve the likelihood that child support will be paid.
- Conduct the federally mandated quadrennial Child Support Guidelines review and make recommendations on issues raised by the 2017 Committee for an Interim Review of the Child Support Guidelines.
- Identify and respond to the emerging trends and issues impacting family court services.
- Advise the Administrative Office of the Courts Education Services Division about judicial officer and court staff educational needs.
- Provide advice regarding the use of online dispute resolution in family court cases.