Home > Self-Service Center > Forms

Name Change Forms
Just about anyone can change his or her name.

Changing your name is a relatively simple procedure that can usually be done without a lawyer. Just about anyone can change his or her name, for any good reason.

A name change may not be allowed if the court thinks that the change might affect the rights of another person such as a creditor or the other parent of the child.

It is important to recognize that after a name change, you are still the same person. You will still have all the same legal responsibilities and obligations; you will simply be known by a different name.

Most Common Reasons
When a person wants to return to a prior name after a dissolution of marriage (divorce). This type of name change is typically done as part of the divorce, but it can also be done as a separate matter. If you change your name as part of the Dissolution of Marriage (divorce), you need to get a certified copy of the Decree from the Clerk of the Court. You will be able to change your name on your driver's license, social security card and bank account with this certified copy. When a parent wants to change a child's name to be the same as the parents.
  When a person simply may not like the name they have, and wants to establish a new identity.

Fee Waiver and Deferral

If you are unable to pay the filing fees, you have options. Go to the Fee Waiver and Deferral page to find out more.


Formularios en español

¿Necesitas ayuda? Busque formularios y recursos en español en el Centro de autoservicio en español.


The forms available on this site are generic and may be accepted by courts statewide. Please note that each court might have their own preferred forms. You can visit AZCourtHelp.org for more information about court-specific forms.
Name Change Forms
Form Title Form No.
Application for Change of Name for an Adult CVNC11F
Application for Change of Name for a Minor Child CVNCM11F
Consent of Minor to Name Change CVNC13F
Parental Waiver of Notice CVNC15F
Marital Waiver of Notice CVNC16F
Optional Consent of Parent to Name Change of a Minor Child and Waiver of Notice CVNC17F
Notice of Hearing Regarding Application for Change of Name CVNC18F
Affidavit of Service by Certified Mail CVNC24F
Order Changing Name of an Adult CVNC81F
Order Changing Name of Minor CVNCM81F
Court Ordered Delayed Birth Registration CVDB81F