AZ Plus ACE Capstone (1 ½ days)
“Addressing Leadership Challenges into the Future”
“Balancing Judicial Independence and Interdependencies”
· Demonstrate an understanding of judicial independence and how its interpretations impact local structure and relationships.
· Describe the need for, and how to manage the interdependencies of local government.
· Discuss how to balance judicial independence with accountability to, and
· cooperation with, others.
· Understand methods for developing relationships and resolving issues
· collaboratively with other entities.
· Understand when and how interdependent relationships with other governmental
· agencies should be formalized
· Discuss need for, and challenges in, providing effective court security.
· Outline best practices for emergency management.
· Describe need for emergency plan and collaboration with others.
“Diagnosing and Providing Remedies for Jury System Problems and Issues”
· Identify and implement possible solutions to the most common jury management problems and issues which may arise in the future.
“Security and COOP”
· Assess the adequacy of the court’s facility as to overall space, space utilization, compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, safety, security, environmental comfort (including use of circulation zones).
· Demonstrate knowledge of key design issues for constructing new courtrooms or redeveloping new administrative spaces.
· Evaluate business practices to identify ways to increase facility efficiency and formulate mid- to long-term plans for court facilities.