Home > Family Law

Family Law Forms
The forms available on this site are generic and may be accepted by courts statewide. please note that each court might have their own preferred forms. You can visit azcourthelp.org for more information about court-specific forms.

An action filed in Family Law case may be filed to seek a divorce or legal separation or to create a Parenting Plan.

A divorce is the legal termination of a marriage that results in a Decree of Dissolution of Marriage. A legal separation is the process of determining the legal rights and responsibilities of spouses without terminating the marriage and results in a Decree of Legal Separation. If filing for a divorce or legal separation, filers should be prepared to provide information about the following: child custody, parenting time, child support, spousal support and the separation of community property and debt.

A Parenting Plan is a document that establishes when a child will be with each parent as well as how legal decisions regarding the child will be made.

NEW: The Summary Consent Decree is a streamlined process intended for parties who reached full agreement on separating property and assets, and when children are involved, legal decision-making, parenting time, and child support BEFORE either party initiates a case for divorce with the court.

Family Law actions must be filed in the Superior Court of the county in which one of the spouses resides provided that at least one of the spouses has lived in Arizona for at least 90 days. If the action involves a minor child, that child must have lived in Arizona for at least 6 months prior to filing.

The information offered on this site is made available as a public service and is not intended to take the place of legal advice. If you do not understand something, have trouble filling out any of the forms or are not sure these forms and instructions apply to your situation, see an attorney for help. Before filing documents with the court, you might consider contacting an attorney to help guard against undesired and unexpected consequences. 

Not all forms may be accepted in all Arizona courts – you should contact the superior court clerk of the court in which you will be filing to confirm the use of a particular form, determine whether any additional forms are required and verify the filing fees. The Supreme Court assumes no responsibility and accepts no liability for actions taken by users of these documents, including reliance on their contents.