Welcome to the Defensive Driving Schools
Information Entry Point
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE PROCEEDING
Eligibility Requirements for Taking a Defensive Driving Course:
- You have not attended a Defensive Driving course for an
eligible traffic citation issued within the
past 12 months.
Your eligibility to attend a Defensive Driving Course is based on the
date of your current violation not on the date you last attended a Defensive
- Your violation must be on the list of eligible violations. Click here to view the list .
- If eligible, you can attend to have only one
- If you were involved in a serious injury accident or
fatal accident, you are not eligible.
If you hold a commercial driver license you may be eligible for the defensive driving program. Effective September 1, 2019, commercial driver license holders may complete a defensive driving course under the following conditions:
o Your class date is on or after 9/1/2019.
o The individual was driving a vehicle requiring a Class D or a Class M license.
o The vehicle was not being used for commercial purposes.
o Meets the other defensive driving eligibility requirement for non-commercial driver license holders.
After successful completion of an Arizona-certified defensive driving program, the court is required to forward the record of judgement to Arizona Motor Vehicle Division, however no points are assessed to the driver’s record.
- You must complete your course no later than 7 days
prior to your court date.
- You may take the class in person or online. If you were specifically ordered
by a judge to attend the course in person, you must register for a classroom
Do You Need An Extension?
AFTER READING THE ABOVE INFORMATION, IF YOU MET
THE REQUIREMENTS TO ATTEND DEFENSIVE DRIVING SCHOOL, PLEASE CONTINUE READING
Date must be listed with slashes i.e. mm/dd/yyyy, or you will receive an error message.