Essential Components are ancillary services and programs that may or may not be under the direct control of the court. Essential Components should not be stand alone activities, but should together contribute significantly to effective court administration, timely case disposition, access to justice, judicial independence and the overall quality of justice
- Associate each Essential Component services and programs with the purpose, role and vision of the court as an institution.
- Improve the effectiveness of Essential Component services and programs through program management using technology, appropriate service delivery methods and collaboration with stakeholders.
- Identify performance measurement criteria that goes beyond efficiency and ties Essential Component service and program delivery to the coordinated, court-wide mission.
After completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify Essential Component services and programs
- Understand how each fits into the court organization
- Associate Essential Component services and programs with the purpose, role and vision of the court
- Improve the management of and therefore the service delivery of Essential Component services and programs
- Develop performance and evaluation criteria for these services and programs so that efficiency promotes the overall effectiveness of the court as an institution
Activities and Exercises
"Let's Hear From You" – What are your expectations.