Where will the Children Go - Virtual Symposium on Caregivers for Arizona's Foster Children
Whether you are directly involved in the caregiver decision or are providing a recommendation or are just interested in the process, you will definitely benefit from this event! Participants will learn about the different caregiver types available for a foster child can and the criteria associated with each one. Symposium attendees will learn about new federal legislation that effects the placement process and even creates a new caregiver type, the Qualified Residential Treatment Program (QRTP). Finally, an expert legal panel will break down several placement scenarios to illustrate the decision-making process involved in approving placement with a caregiver. You will be happy you tagged along for the discussion!
- Welcome and Introduction – Hon. Joseph Kreamer, Maricopa County Superior Court
- Introduction to the Network of Caregivers Guide
- Discussion about the Caregiver Continuum
- The Family First Prevention Services Act and the Qualified Residential Treatment Programs
- Expert Panel Discussion and Placement Scenarios