Until further notice, all meetings of the Task Force on Jury Data Collection, Practices and Procedures will be held remotely through technological means.
To ensure compliance with the requirements of the Arizona Code of Judicial Administration §1-202 regarding public meetings, the meeting agenda, presentations, documents and conference call number are provided below.
Members of the public are welcome to listen to the meeting by joining the conference call. Please ensure that your telephone is muted, and do not place the call on hold. Members of the public/phone in attendees need to type *9 on their phone to raise their hands if they would like to speak. People who have registered to comment by phone will need to dial a *6 to unmute.
The "Call to the Public" portion of the agenda is provided for public comment. If you wish to address the Jury Task Force, please send the following information to [email protected].
- I wish to speak about (subject):
The Chair will call the name of each person who submitted a public comment request by name when it is time to speak. Each public comment is limited to 3 minutes.
If you have a comment that may take more than 3 minutes, or prefer not to speak publicly, you may submit your comment in writing to staff at [email protected]z.gov.
Please listen to those who go before you and try to avoid repeating statements.
Visitors to the State Courts Building that are not fully vaccinated or are partially vaccinated are required to wear masks. Visitors that are fully vaccinated do not need to wear masks unless they feel more comfortable wearing one.
- November 22, 2021 Virtual Meeting
|| Meeting Materials
||November 22, 2021 Virtual meeting
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
State Courts Building
1501 W. Washington St.
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Meeting link to join:
Conference Call: 602-753-0140 OR
1-877-853-05247 (Toll Free)
|September 24, 2021
2. Draft Minutes from August 20, 2021
|August 20, 2021
2. Draft Minutes from July 23, 2021
3. Workgroup Recommendations
4. Best Practices: 2-step to 1-step conversion
|July 23, 2021
2. Draft Minutes from June 18, 2021
3. Limited Scope Peremptory Challenge Workgroup Presentation
4.Report Racial and Ethnic Representation through the Jury Selection Process, Amended July 2021
5. Dr. Bedrick: Analysis of Peremptory Challenges for Jury Membership in Maricopa County (2019)
5. Jury TF Workgroup Reports
|June 18, 2021
|Meeting packet available here.
2. Draft Minutes from May 14, 2021
3. Peremptory Challenge Letter to Task Force, June 17, 2021
May 14, 2021
| 1. Agenda
2. Draft Minutes from April 9, 2021
3. Report Racial and Ethnic Representation through the Jury Selection Process, May 2021
4. Overview of R-21-0008 Batson Reform
|April 9, 2021
- Member Resource Binder
|Commission members, please RSVP below for the next meeting: